Sunday, April 19, 2009

Martha Stewarts's Cookies, AKA "The Cookie Book"

So I received Martha Stewart's Cookies for my birthday last year and decided I wanted to make an effort at branching out and trying new recipes. My coworkers have been kind enough to make selections and act as guinea pigs for my attempts. They really are a brave lot. :) If you enjoy making cookies and want a variety of recipes in one place, you can't go wrong with this book.

So far, I've attempted the following recipes with different levels of success: Chocolate Crackles, Milk-Chocolate Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Banana-Walnut Chocolate-Chunk Cookies, Pumkin Cookies with Brown-butter Icing, Brown-butter Toffee Blondies, Thin and Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies and Mini Black-and-White Cookies. Unfortunately, I haven't taken pictures of all of these batches and it's a shame, too - some of them turned out rather awesomely. This is a mistake that I will remedy in the future since there are plenty of recipes in this book and I've just scratched the surface!

p.s. I've had some trouble adding photos tonight so you can follow this link to view the cookies mentioned above

No comments:

Post a Comment