Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Love of Baking

I've always loved cookies. Once I moved out on my own, I talked my grandmother into sharing some of her recipes with me so I could get a taste of her love whenever I wanted (and had the ingredients). I didn't use them for a while - some of the doughs are too messy or hard to handle with just a hand mixer. I bought my Kitchen Aid stand mixer a few years back and bake with more regularity now. I've even made some cakes but I always come back to cookies.

For my birthday last year, my mother gave me a copy of Martha Stewart's Cookies book. I decided to take it to the office and have my coworkers pick recipes for me to try for birthdays and other special occasions. I've made my way through most of their choices and began documenting the process and results. Why not share?

I will use this mainly as a forum to air my triumphs and share my failures in the kitchen, rather than including the rest of my life. Real life might pop in from time to time since I don't bake that often and have other interests. And to lay it on the table now, I'm a bit of geek, so don't be surprised if I talk about some gadget, software, movie, comic or TV show every now and then. I come in peace. :) I also have other crafty interests, so I'll mention those here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment