Saturday, April 11, 2009

Procrastination

I realize I’ve just started this project and I’m already neglecting it! I don’t mean to but I have had too much work around the house to have any time for baking.

And I don’t mean the usual housework that gets done regularly (or should be done regularly – let’s be realistic here), I’m talking major overhaul (Major Overhaul – salute!) of the clutter I’ve let pile up. There’s a certain level of clutter that I can tolerate and I usually don’t let it get to this point. I’ve been rather stressed with some personal issues and just letting things accumulate around the house rather than dealing with it right away. And I tend to procrastinate, and that just makes things worse.

Rather than trying to tackle the situation as a whole, I’ve broken it down into much smaller tasks. If I didn’t, I would be so overwhelmed it would never get done. The list is long and to anyone else, it would seem silly to have a separate item for “clean out kitchen junk drawer” but that’s how I’m approaching it. But at the same time, I won’t post the list here because some of it so minor it’s embarrassing.

I suppose I also made the list like that because I get a great deal of satisfaction from crossing things off lists. It really feels like I’ve gotten something done. And I’ve actually made some progress this week – I’ve taken all of my old magazines and junk mail for recycling – even though the house looks worse than when I started. I know what I’ve done so that’s all that matters, right?

As time allows, I will post photos and rundowns from previous baking projects and pick back up with the next project (although, it should be noted that I usually bake for work birthdays and other than my own, the next birthday isn’t until the end of May).

p.s. Just found an online coupon for the Container Store – woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment